Skip to content
Facts About Yorkton
- Yorkton was founded in 1882
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Yorkton was 40.6 °C on 19 July 1941. The coldest temperature ever recorded was −46.1 °C on 20 January 1943.
- Yorkton was incorporated as a city in 1928.
- The first settlers to the Yorkton colony were English from Eastern Ontario and Great Britain.
- Yorkton is a city located in south-eastern Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Film Festivals have been an enduring part of life in Yorkton since the projector spun to life in October 1950.
- The First Hospital was established in Yorkton in 1902,
- The Estimated Population of Yorkton is 16,343.
- Yorkton is located in the physiographic region of the Quill Lake-Yorkton Plain region of the Saskatchewan Plains Region.
- Yorkton is 500 m above sea level.