Skip to content
Facts About Moratuwa
- Moratuwa is surrounded on three sides by water, except in the north of the city, by the Indian Ocean on the west, the Bolgoda lake on the east and the Moratu river on the south.
- Moratuwa is also the birthplace of Veera Puran Appu, a resistance fighter against British rule in Kandy, the philanthropist Sir Charles Henry de Soysa and the musician Pandit W. D. Amaradeva.
- The Estimated Population of Moratuwa is 168,280.
- Moratuwa consists of 24 main areas: Angulana, Borupana, Dahampura, Egoda Uyana, Idama, Indibedda, Kadalana, Kaduwamulla, Kaldemulla, Katubedda, Katukurunda, Koralawella, Lakshapathiya, Lunawa, Molpe, Moratumulla, Moratuwella, Puwakaramba, Rawathawatta, Soysapura, Thelawala, Uswatta, Uyana and Willorawatta.
- The Average elevation of Moratuwa is Elevation 28 m.
- Moratuwa is a large suburb of Colombo, on the southwestern coast of Sri Lanka, near Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia.